Abstracts & Posters
Venom Week Symposium Abstract Submission
-for Podium presentations and posters
-Deadline for submission is April 8, 2024
The organizers of Venom Week welcome abstracts for poster submissions. Posters that address venomous animals, their venoms, antivenoms, clinical management of envenomations, collections management, regulatory issues, taxonomy, and other related topics.
Abstracts from both academia and industry are welcome.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee, who will select the most interesting abstracts for oral presentation during the Venom Week Meeting in Durham, North Carolina in June 2024. Authors whose abstracts are chosen for oral presentation will also be listed as faculty and have their meeting registration waived. Travel, accommodations and other expenses remain the responsibility of the faculty member and will not be covered by Venom Week.
Please submit your abstract ONLINE by April 8th, 2024.
Authors that are chosen to present Posters and Oral Presentations will be notified via email by April 20th, 2024. The selection committee will score abstracts based on the quality of the presented data and its relevance to the meeting.
- Abstract: Maximum 350 words.
- Title should be short, specific and without acronyms
- Primary author should be entered first. If there are multiple authors, indicate who will be presenting
- You must specify preferred format for presentation (Oral, poster, etc)
- You may submit up to 2 graphics or figures in the following formats -- PDF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, MS Word, MS Excel. Other document formats will not be evaluated. Uploaded files have a limit of 20mb each.
- No edits will be accepted after submission.
- You may submit more than one abstract
This year Venom Week has elected to utilize Electronic Posters.
Before, During and After the meeting -- Explore the posters on your favorite smartphone, tablet or computer. During the meeting we will have additional poster terminals where you can browse all posters in a large screen format. Participate in the poster presentation / reception. A select few will be presented during the scientific sessions.
The process for Poster Presenters:
- Submit your abstract for consideration
- The Selection Committee reviews and accepts your poster
- After selection -- you will receive information on how to create your poster electronically
- You will have approximately 3 weeks to create your electronic poster.
- There is no cost to you
- You can edit your poster anytime